Sunday, November 16, 2008

Twinners

Okay -- The portraits that will grace the walls for the next while. I absolutely can't believe these pills. THREE sittings, so many frowns, and finally, I take Halle's hairband out of her hand, and it snaps back at her. And Fred snaps the picture. Ta-da! They were never so happy to see someone check out of KK.
I'm not saying I wasn't smiling. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. I was amazed at the cold, stone frowns--nay, glares they gave the 3 other girls who tried their hand at this. Then red-haired Fred came on the set, and their glares turned to mild disinterest. 45 minutes later, these rare moments turned up:
Halle -- Unexpected Gift
Kierste -- Follower of Christ
Like most little ones, they love their baths. But they also love:
Getting wrapped up and sitting on the counter for a few minutes playing in the mirror with Mommy. I say, "Who wants to get out and be a Lucky Duck?"
Where was this smile--yea, glee on portrait day?
Happy Note: When Jeff's brothers (we won't embarrass Alex & Tyler by posting their names outside of parenteses) were younger, they would disguise giving hugs & kisses after prayers by calling them "an H and a K."
Halle, AKA: Hals, Hallery, HallyPal, Bethy, Halla


Kierste, AKA: Keekers, Kiki, Janie, Bitty One, Kiersta

(Pills), Twinners, Babies, Tiny Ones, BooBoo's, Pumpstebooeys, Princess Booeys
H&K = Hugs & Kisses

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

Pumpstebooeys??? That's definitely original! I love it. Your little ones are sooo cute! And the pictures turned out great. I so love you Mel! Good thing ( Tyler & Alex) won't even know it's them!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! I just want to crawl right into the screen and squish them! They are SO adorable Melanie!! I love their outfits--way too cute!

P.S. The time passes way too fast, doesn't it. :(

Keri said...

I think I like the black and whites even better than the professionals. So so cute.

Em said...

Great pictures, adorable kids! Excellent work!

steph said...

These pics are soo similar to Kim and I!!! Such a cute family you have... and if they are anything like you they must be sweet and friendly too. :)