Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pairs

A while ago, our friend Becky drew this of Miranda. I just love it.
It inspired Miranda to draw this of Carlie:
We lost it for a while, and now it's back.
These sisters are so special. I absolutely love hearing them talk as they go to bed at night... even when it's 10:30 (don't tell them) because it's important sister bonding time that will last them through their whole lives.
I'm torn whether to let Miranda have her own room when we finish the basement, because my time sharing a room with Jana was priceless. Not that I knew it then. There is no way to express to Miranda & Carlie how they will treasure sharing a room. Sometimes they want to pull each other's hair out. Or poke eyes, that'll do, too.

And here is my other pair of sisters:

Alright, and another pair of kids: These boys.

Morgan still calls Derek D-Bear, from his baby days. When he talks to him, he speaks so gently and caringly... okay, except when they're having their brother moments, when one or both of them just need someone to move and/or affect.

7 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Even though sometimes siblings can fight like the best of them there is always that special bond that will be there forever!

Company EIGHT said...

I love all your pairs! Really Melanie, they are all so lucky to have each other, and you and Jeff as parents. I have always admired you in so many ways, but especially your ability to parent, and make things fun for your kids. I will never forget coming into your village apartment and seeing a campfire made out of paper on the wall, and a tent set up in the middle of the room. You had so many fun plans for the evening, and I knew right there your kids would have a wonderful life. It's true!!

Christi said...

I loved reading this post. It made me excited for my daughters someday. I loved sharing a room with Jana too! :) Miranda is such a good drawer! How fun to have pairs. Did you ever even get your own room? I can't remember.

mommy said...

yay for siblings!

mad white woman said...

So cute. I love my siblings tons but don't remember much "bonding" when we were younger. I pretty much just remember fighting and I really hope I don't pass that one on to my kids. :)

Aubrey said...

I LOVE the picture of Carlie. You ought to frame that. Priceless. I am also a wee bit jealous that you have twins. HOW FUN! Gorgeous kids, Melanie, just beautiful

Katie and Steve said...

Rachel looked at the picture of Carlie, and knew that it was her right away. Miranda's a great little artist! We can't wait to see you next month!!!