Sunday, February 7, 2010

I like it

Maybe some people don't like it, but when I'm in the grocery store, the mall, any public place here in Bubble, UT, I love hearing things like:

I'm sorry your insurance agent isn't here to answer your questions. He went to Scout camp.

Hey, is tomorrow Fast Sunday?

Bishop said I have to wear a tie this time.

I really enjoy the non-shock I create when someone has asked me how many children I have. Do I go offering that intel everywhere I go? No, I do not.

It all makes me smile, including shopping in Wally World on Saturday night (which by itself does NOT make me smile, but it's because the whole county is stocking up for the Sabbath) and seeing a flood of couples in church attire come in about 8:45... An adult session of Stake Conference must have just adjourned. And who knows which of the 15 stakes in our 4 cities it is, huh?

6 comments:

Tara said...

Ha ha, I especially love the first one! Definitely one of the things I miss about Utah!

mad white woman said...

It's definitely a different world having that surrounding you, but then again what we get here in AZ is totally different than say, CA.

Company EIGHT said...

I love it too, although after living for so long away from there, it always takes me aback when I hear it. Especially when there are advertisements for scriptures over the radio. :)

Christi said...

It would be nice to hear those things more often. I liked living in Bubble, ID during college. It was such a nice change from LHC. People (not at church) are shocked that I have three and the first question is "You're probably done, right?" :)

myndie said...

i always get the famous, "you have your hands full" comment when i go anywhere here...but for some reason when i go to utah, if feels like, "oh, you only have four." what a difference :) glad you are lovin it. btw--a boy? congrats.

Katie and Steve said...

Is Timpanogus in need of a great anesthesiologist? Or really anywhere in the bubble?