Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Reporting to the MTC!!!

I did not cry.  I'm soooo happy for this rockstar.  She was so ready to get out and serve the Lord.  The time I cried was moving her into her dorm 4 months before.  But Jeff... he kept driving around beforehand; going up to the temple, lengthening the time he had with her, even if it was subconscious.  We hugged her, and she took off with her greeter to start her adventure.

Inline image 2

Inline image 4

Inline image 3

Inline image 5

If we have to describe Jeff's emotional reaction, he was ugly-crying while he hugged her.  It was the same reaction I would expect if she had died.  We said bye to her.

And then Jeff cried all the way home. 

He kept saying "That's not right... that's my little girl..." His heart was ripped open and he was bleeding everywhere.  When we got home, the faucets turned off.  His heart was still a tender wounded thing while he was at work, and he said he could barely hold it together while he was there, but he had some good people to talk to there, and he survived the night.  After that day, he could talk about it again, but for the entire Wednesday, this man was a broken, broken daddy. 

No comments: