Sunday, March 12, 2017

🎵 No pinchy shoes!!! 🎵

{For 18 months – Jan ’17 to Jul ’18 – I'm posting our letter to Miranda while she's on her mission to Cochabamba, Bolivia.  Our letter titles are taken from a list of family sayings & catchphrases we recorded onto a pillowcase she has with her.  You can read her adventures on her mission blog: www.hermanamadsen.blogspot.com!}



-->
The subject title is because of Carlie.  She was gorge.  Just wait.  

K, so I snuck into Teachers' Quorum Mutual this week because Carly Goff was doing Q&A about her MISSION for them at the Edwards' house.  I was enraptured the whole time; they asked all kinds of funny, weird questions, so we got to hear awesomeness that wouldn't come out in her homecoming talk.  I was so happy.  She was SUCH A GOOD MISSIONARY.  She had a thing with obedience too.  All the good ones do.  =)



So we are super boring and didn't really take any pics this week except when David (hi David!) texted because he missed us. :) so here's what we sent him:

Morgan reading Unwind for school



Kierste hanging out after bath waiting for Halle:



Carlie scouring the pantry for junk food:



And us texting David:




Right?!? I know. 

Then basically Carlie hit LPHS like a boss:




Yes, your prom necklace.  =)



She went with Spencer, whom she met a few days before, and we are all grateful Olive found him for her, because it means she got to go... She was going to be FIFTH-WHEELING with Jaxton (broke up with him awhile ago remember) etc. so we are so glad for Spencer.  =)  Sweet Spencer.  =)  I'm sorry, he was just so formal with me about when I wanted her home, etc.  It was like I stepped back in time to the '50's and he was so serious about it.  Such a good boy.  SO HAPPY that he was driving them to Salt Lake... I didn't worry about them at all.  =)

Inline image 1
Inline image 2

Inline image 3

She's just as gorgeous as her sister, which was going to be a tough one. =)  

Not to change the subject from gorgeousness, but we finished the Book of Mormon!!!  Talked a lot about the promise of the BofM, so tomorrow I need to challenge them to pray about it.  =)  We went to IHOP to celebrate... didn't take a picture.  I am ashamed. 

It has been heaven to have Carly Goff home and hear her talk about your peeps.  The tears started flowing today before she even started talking for her homecoming. I could see you in each of the stories about these dear people, and why did I even bother putting on makeup?  I was a faucet - your mission is so special.

Love you so much!  Can't wait to hear your adventures, even your misadventures or hardships.  You are so amazing, and I know it's not easy.  All of it makes me so happy because you're where you're supposed to be right now.  My strong, faithful, trusting, loving, hard-working darling girl.  Boldly Go, Miranda.

Love, Mom


And in other news, Halle & Kierste went skiing with Jeff.  They were superstars and were so tough.  They're getting to be so good!







Carlie had her Spring Concert at school... she's the cute redhead.  =)



Then a pic of their Prom day date: Space Camp.

No comments: