Sunday, October 15, 2017

Were you surprised?


{For 18 months I'm posting our letter to Miranda while she's on her mission to Cochabamba, Bolivia.  Our letter titles are taken from a list of family sayings & catchphrases we recorded onto a pillowcase she has with her.  You can read her adventures on her mission blog: www.hermanamadsen.blogspot.com!}

First of all, I'm not sure if I shared what happened while I was in Havasu.  How could I possibly have forgotten this?  On my second day there, I got these.  Apparently, Dad was trying to entice me to come home.  I had 5 more days there!!!

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

Inline image 5

Ok, so this week:  Connor was super sick on Sunday; could not get him to stop, you know... and when we went up the canyon to take family pictures the next night, he still looked kind of green.  =) But he was such a good sport.  The post I made said, "Preview of Fall family 'portraits.'  Hahaha!  My kids know what to do!  (What I forgot to say is that the camera was just on a tripod, so everything is spontaneous):

Inline image 6

Inline image 7

Inline image 8

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

I'll put the nice one on the Christmas card.  Then Connor lost his front tooth.  It was snaggle tooth for SO LONG, including Picture Day.  Grrrr...

Inline image 3

Then I got totally sick, from when I took care of Connor.  =(  So nothing happened that I know of for days.  Ugh.

Thursday, Halle & Kierste had their once-a-month sewing class, and on the way, we drove past this amazing lawn.  I wonder if I can get Morgan to do this to ours.  It's actually perfectly proportioned in real life.  I just stayed in the short car to take the surreptitious picture:

Inline image 4

Grandma posted these on the GroupMe.  WOW:

Inline image 5

Inline image 6

Inline image 7

And then BAM.  Friday night happened.  First, we went to Tsunami (sorry) and I think Morgan almost fainted because of how good his first real sushi was.  

Then I think Carlie's dreams came true all at once.  In line:

Inline image 8

Getting to our seats:

Inline image 9

Oh wait.  Our seats:

Inline image 10

After the opening (terrrible) bands:

Inline image 11

And epicness started.

Inline image 12

Inline image 1

The 30 giant tv screens on the ceiling had images flashing... the concert really was made for the people in the pit.  So cool.

Inline image 2

Inline image 4

Then it was Carlie's turn to faint.  The band ran by half way through to play on a secondary stage... I'm pretty sure she's never going to wash the hand that high-fived them again.

Inline image 3

Inline image 5

It was complete awesome sauce.  They put on a GREAT show.

Then Saturday, your littlest brother was a goalie:

Inline image 6

What can I even say about Morgan's game?  Here.  How about this:

Inline image 7

Oh, and funny thing.  See the orange they versed?  That's the twins' color.  Then the twins versed CONNOR'S color:

Inline image 8

And when they were walking off the field, Morgan's color (different age) came on for the next game.  Just a hilarious mashup of all the family colors that same day.

As promised, a picture of H&K's friends.  Specifically Seth, on the left.  Kierste thinks he's pretty spectacular.  =)

Inline image 1

Now, because of the Primary Program today, and conference recently, these memes are especially special.  This first one was memed: How prepared are you for Conference.  So many great subtleties in this one!!!  Even the scenery.

Inline image 4

Inline image 3

Inline image 2

Inline image 5

And a funny one, then serious one:

Inline image 6

Inline image 7

LOVE YOU!!!  I don’t have anything profound to write this time. We love you & think about you all the time!!!  Love, Mom

No comments: