Subject heading because it fits Dad’s new vehicle even more than it used to fit the van. But that’s later.
First of all, Carlie’s been taking Floral Design, and her arrangements have been so amazing, but most of the time she drops them off at Grandmas house on her way home from school so I don’t see them. :) But this one made the pictures. Arranged in a carved out punkin:
But this one made its way home. She took our little owl dish, and came home with this:
Second of all, I had to share this Popcorm moment from FHE on the new couches. It’s so nice to be able to fit everyone!!
On Tuesday, Dad brought something big & “leadfoot gray” home with him. I don’t know if he likes it. I think he tells me what cool features it has every time I come into a room/ leave a room/ get into the truck/ walk outside/ try to fall asleep at night.
It looks like this thing is going to bear down and eat you. Watch out!
Thursday I got Carlie’s retakes in the mail, completing our wall of fame. Everyone’s turned out so great this year. A big shoutout to Grandma Madsen who helped everyone get off to picture day this year while I was in Havasu. Even Carlie had retake day that week!
And here’s Morgan & Derek for posterity’s sake.
Friday, Carlie had the stag Winter Formal. She looked gorgeous as usual. :)
Saturday, Morgan & Connor built this “LEGO” BYU set. The pieces were so tiny and cheaper, but it made this cool little thing:
And today, when I drove home from church, I realized that we look like we’re having a party at our house and it’s only our SEVEN vehicles. 3 drivers and 7 vehicles, including the Spyder. Hahahaha!!! Honestly, we have got to stick some more in the garage. Imagine if we still had the grass on the side of the house. We would be THOSE neighbors!!!
And tonight we hosted Sunday dinner at our house because G&G Madsen have too much construction/ no kitchen appliances, etc. :) yay!! That means it’s the home stretch of the addition!
This is everyone saying Hi to you. :)
And the memes. Of course the memes. Some funny, some deeper.
I’ve been thinking so much about you this week. I had a dream that you showed up to Thanksgiving dinner and you already had that look on your face like you regretted your decision, but here you were. After a super long hug and happy/sad tears, we started talking to you about starting your classes. It was sad. Don’t come back yet.
Today in SS, Kristen’s lesson was on Blacks & the priesthood, and it was a tense discussion. There was a lot of racism in the day, and there were things that went down back then that were just so wrong, including people’s general attitude that Blacks were so inferior as people. It’s really been some really hard years overcoming those biased attitudes. But my takeaway after that lesson was that God tests our hearts with everything He does. No matter the circumstance, we are constantly being tested to see where our hearts lie.
He tested his chosen people in the wilderness, leading them to within a few miles of the promised land, but they had to wander for FORTY YEARS, unable to go in because their hearts were not ready. He tested his pioneers by having them driven out of their lands, and led across the states. Only the very strong stayed true through persecution, left the east, and obeyed the Lord to settle this territory. He tested the hearts of every Black member that joined the church during that priesthood ban, as well as every heart of the non-Blacks, when there was a seeming pall on them for the color of their skin. Everyone got to prove how strong and charitable their hearts were and we can marvel at how refined they were when they came through that fiery furnace. And it’s not over. He tests us every time there is controversy in the world that comes up against His prophets, the gospel, and the church. Where will we stand? Do we stand with the prophet in faith?
The RS lesson was also on the succession process of new prophets, and how the chain of command is never broken. That Heavenly Father has established a pattern for succession. That there is one prophet to hold all the priesthood keys, and 15 of them together can lead the church on the earth, even as one is physically feeble, and Christ ultimately leads the church from heaven.
Dad & I had our temple rec interviews today, and every time I answer those questions, including Do I have a testimony that the prophets have been ordained as prophets seers and revelators and do I sustain them, I get tears in my eyes. I’ve never made it through. But you know me; that’s pretty much the norm.
I know that I can look to the prophet and be steered the right way when I find out which way he’s going and get behind him on that same path. I love our prophets and the spirit they keep with them, and I trust them. The doubts about them that creep up in the world and in the church actually repel me... there are other things that I ponder more and wonder more, but following the prophet has never been one of those. Now it’s my job to help the people around me strengthen their belief that following the prophet will lead them back to Heaven. I know that’s where they’re going, and I want to tag along.
Can’t wait to hear from you tomorrow! Favorite part of the week!
Love & tons of smooches, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment