Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sterling, No more mice!


-->
So Miranda came home from her mission a couple weeks early to have some surgery, but I have this great excuse to still write our family history down, since her novio is still on his mission in Paris, France for the next year.  So until May 9, 2019, I'll still write a missionary letter for our blog posts.  =)


The amount of mice the cats are bringing in is getting a tiny bit ridiculous.  So one night, Sterling was on the back of the couch, and I had a talk with him:  "Sterling, I don't want any more mice.  Don't bring me any more in the house.  You can catch them, play with them IN THE FIELD.  Don't bring any more back to us.  Please."  He immediately jumped up and ran outside.  Not to obey me, but to please me... ugh. I think our count was 5 for the week, but those are just the ones we found.

So on Monday, Jeff & the kids celebrated Mother's Day with me, since Jeff didn't work, finally.  I went shopping while they did all the normal stuff without me, and then I came home for FHE and presents. =)  I got candles from the girls...



They want me to fill up my bathtub, light the candles, and relax.



Here's something to relax on!  Or, if anyone comes to visit, or doesn't want to drive all the way back down to Provo... instant bed!



On Tuesday, we colored Carlie's hair - it looks especially nice this time.  =)



And then ran to Morgan's choir concert.  He was, of course, handsome and awesome.



G&G Madsen were with us to take us to Arctic Circle afterwards.  =)



On Wednesday, the other handsome boy had his band concert with the theme of Southern US music.  It was fun to hear all the jazz and old favorites.



Thursday morning, I woke up to this little warrior parked in front of the kitchen vent.  Ugh.  



So when I came home 1.5 hours later to her STILL parked in front of it, I took the vent cover off, and she went INSIDE to get her mouse.  Then Miranda trapped it and Connor tossed it into the field.  I love the cats.  I love the cats.  I love the cats.

That night, we picked up my dad in Orem (my mom was taking care of Kimmy's kids in Heber while they're out of town) and went to my cousin Jeff Goodsell's daughter Aspen's wedding reception.  She got married in the Manti temple to a guy who is 10 years older than she is, but looks like he's 14, so it's fine.  =)



On the way home, since Miranda & I hadn't eaten and seafood sounded good, we stopped by Red Lobster.  I had forgotten how fancy it was, but what a great excuse to take them out for lobster tacos, salmon & shrimp.  SUPER yummy.


So this week...



You thought this was Carlie, right?  It's MIRANDA.  Entering Carlie's art contest on her IG page.  I know, right?

And Carlie posted this gem.  =)




This is also the week that Carlie went on a date with her new crush Sterling (yes, just like the cat!), and came home wearing his hat... and nope.  No smooches.



Friday, Connor had his buddies over for playing, pizza & movie.  James got dropped off later, and his parents forgot him until 11:45pm... crazy for a 7 year old!!



Twins had Talia over:





During all this amazingness, Miranda, Carlie & Morgan went to the HS to the Choir Luau.  Brought back lots of fun memories for Miranda.  =)  She wishes she were back in HS... like we all do, of course.



This is all while Derek is on a Scout campout at the sand dunes:





So Saturday, Carlie finally got in to get a haircut and it's so short now!  But she loves it.



Everyone had their second to last games.  The Purple Eagles:



The Orange Flames - Hals:


Kiekery:



And the Black team, no mascot.  Here's this cool guy making a goal... notice the body language of the goalie.  And he was GOOD.  Nooooo!!!!



And Miranda & Carlie went shopping again.  Haha!


And sometime during the week, Sterling had a 2 mouse night, where he ate the first offering in front of the kids under the table, then ran back out for one to bring in to play with.  What a great hunter.  I'm sparing you the pictures of the guts.  You're welcome.  How about some memes:





























This is another week of meeting with the new specialists and getting a plan for treatment.  Be thinking of & praying for us on Wed. & Fri.  If you have to pick certain days, those are the days.  =)   Love, us!!!

No comments: