Sunday, February 3, 2019

🎶Sunshine on my Shoulders 🎶

So Miranda came home from her mission a couple weeks early to have some surgery, but I have this great excuse to still write our family history down, since her novio is still on his mission in Paris, France for the next year.  So until May 9, 2019, I'll still write a missionary letter for our blog posts.  =)



As per the subject line, John Denver’s song, this is the week I go to Phoenix with my mom. 

So my dad’s dad was flown to the hospital in Phoenix with some sepsis. Not knowing how long we would have with him, we made plans to go visit him.  But first, Monday, Miranda went to Wonderland with her roomies.  This is her RA... forgot her name.

IMG_3794.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG

My cousin Jeff made his picture of the blood moon into many different projects.  This one is my favorite. =)

IMG_3801.JPG

And then Miranda's ward had a talent show, whereat Roomily was the MC.


I left for Phoenix with my mom, and Jeff took over being Mommy & Daddy.  He really is amazing.  By the time we left, my grandpa was responding to his meds and was going to be alright.  Perfect.  We went down to see what we could do for him.  Meanwhile, Connor finished up his Dinosaur belt loop at cubscouts.  They drew themselves as dinosaurs.  =)

IMG_3824.jpg

Carlie & the Laurels made cookies for their less active girls and took them around to the girls who weren't there... brilliant idea!!  So proud of all the YW activities that are so meaningful and impact even ONE of the YW who need extra love and encouragement.  It truly is the Lord's work.

IMG_9657.jpg

Our next door neighbor is on a mission in The Philippines.  Whatever gross or uncivilized thing you come across, just think of Ashley, and maybe it will look better.  =)

IMG_3829.jpg

While the kids were InstaVideoing each other, Miranda was flipping through some pics and BAM.  Right place, right time, to give Morgan a body during the chat.  Haha!

IMG_3866.JPG

Thursday, some people went skiing.

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3864.jpg

And this is the day that I drove with my mom past the house we lived in when I was tiny.  So I was born in Phoenix, then we lived at BYU while my dad went to school, then we lived in Phoenix until I was 4, when we moved to Havasu.  Here, on Country Gables, I came home from Kindergarten one day, knocked on the door, and my mom came to the door and looked UP and didn't see anyone at first.  I laughed so hard... I remember telling that story MANY days, probably weeks, after it happened. Silly Mom was looking for someone tall.

IMG_3836.JPG

Ok, since this is the only picture I took of my grandpa, I'm going to still include it.  But I want you to know that my grandpa, Arden Levie, is a very handsome, dignified, strong man that I love so much.  It was hard to see him so diminished.  But that's what old age does to us.  I want to also talk about Bill, his roommate. 

Bill, only 63, couldn't speak very well, and my grandpa can't hear very well, so I'm not sure they're going to have the conversations that Grandpa would have liked to have, especially about the gospel.  He tried talking to him for the few seconds they were in wheelchairs facing each other, though, and even through everything, you can hear the goodness in Grandpa, so I still think the influence on Bill will be important.  Bill came in with nothing; I suspect he is homeless.  He had a Wal-mart phone that was dead, and a pair of sweats that were urine-soaked.  He wore a diaper that he didn't even realized he forgot to cover up; he looked like he had also been on a lot of drugs in the past.  When I asked him if we could do anything for him, he flippantly said (hard to understand) "Do you have a charger for my phone?" like that could never happen.  I ran out to my car and tried the charger I had, then realized what kind of phone he had, and made a note, and the next time we went to the store, we got a charger, and bought him one of everything we were buying Grandpa, even giving instructions that when my grandpa didn't need the portable boombox and headphones anymore, they could give it to Bill.  I don't know what will happen with him; I haven't been able to get him off my mind, but I imagine when his war buddies or nurses come in to see him, he'll have a reusable bag with a flag on it, a clean set of men's pj's, some snacks & treats, and he'll look loved.

NNDZ7744.jpg
My grandpa was talking, so it was hard to get a great picture of him.  I was just snapping it to reply to Jeff's text asking how we were doing.  My Aunt Judy is sitting next to him. =)

Untitled_Artwork.PNG

Miranda & Emily have adventures in the store...


IMG_3862.JPG

Halle & I went dress shopping for their Valentine's Dance at school.  All the 6th grade students learn dances from all eras, then practice them in the gym that they've decorated to the hilt.  It's a great annual tradition, dating back to at least when Miranda was in 6th grade... I'll see if I can dig up some great pictures in the next few days.  =)

IMG_3858.jpg

Untitled_Artwork 5.jpg

And see if you can guess what this picture is on a Saturday night.

IMG_3861.jpg

Sunday, 2 amazing things happened.  First of all, Miranda found her dress and veil that she'd like to use someday if she ever does get married.  It's a short video that I had to screenshot to capture the essence... the helium balloons carrying the veil... I'm just not sure you can get the full effect here... it is epic.  She'll make such a splash.

IMG_3874.jpg

And second:

IMG_3873.JPG

Sunday night we had my brother Aaron & his family over for dinner.  Apples to Apples, and lots of cuteness.

IMG_3882.JPG

Connor & little Sam.

IMG_3886.JPG

And I committed one of the most heinous transgressions in our family... I didn't obey my cardinal rule:  we met my cousins for dinner at Fuddruckers.  I mean some of the best cousins on the whole planet, and I want to live by them... and I didn't take a picture.  I even tried to screenshot the video clip we made and it turned out so horrendous.  I failed.  Here are a couple bad screenshots:

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

Seriously.

MEMES!

IMG_9704.JPG

IMG_9705.JPG

IMG_9722.JPG

IMG_9723.JPG

IMG_9726.JPG

IMG_9727.JPG

IMG_9728.JPG

IMG_9762.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

IMG_E0465.JPG

IMG_9797.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3690.JPG

Your birthday is this week!  Happy Birthday!!!!  Love, us

No comments: