Ok, so the CA fires aren't getting any attention this time, even though this one in Paradise, CA is the deadliest in the last 100 years. We feel for them, and cannot believe the death toll and property damage. 76 dead, 1230 unaccounted for... it spread so fast, people couldn't get out, so they are searching for bodies, even though the fire is still only 60% contained. It's been burning for 10 days, starting with a faulty power line igniting brush by the Poe dam. 9700 homes and 118 apartment buildings are destroyed. The damage is at about $19 billion. But weirdly, no one is talking about it. Anyway, when this came by, I had to include it.
When you're not home and you realize your dog has escaped. A package was dropped off, and we got a text on our phones with a video of the delivery. Then we saw this little protector. This is Chloe trying to figure out where my voice is coming from because I came over the speaker, telling her to go back into the yard. It totally worked.
So it's observed Veteran's Day; what a wonderful service our military gives.
We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood where the YM can easily post flags in front of everyone's home on these holidays. It really adds to the spirit of each one.
And sadly, Stan Lee died. I was just thinking as we watched Venom and saw him flash by, that he was old a long time ago. Is he immortal? ...Dang it.
So this popped up that day:
That night, we started getting some of the decor out that we'll use at Miranda's bday party, including the tree. This is a totally candid shot of the kids decorating and hanging.
Tuesday, Connor played at Nathan's house; I love when they do these days where they are so busy playing real play that they forget to play VG.
That night, Morgan got his patriarchal blessing. Afterward, we picked Carlie up to take her for charcoal ice cream, but they were closed, so naturally, we had to have Slapfish. Believe me, you have to come... just start building up your love for fish fast.
When we got home, Miranda & I made an invitation to her party and sent it out. Time to party!!!
Wednesday, Connor went to the fire station for Cubs. These are some of the best cub activities you remember for a long time. =)
They know just how to get me. They know what to put on the shelf that will have to jump into my cart. I totally left it there this time... barely. This is a great idea!!!
That night, Mutual was bowling for the Priests & Laurels. =)
So obviously, Miranda has been coming home from the hospital A-chemo-tized for the last 6 months, so I like to think of this week as De-chemo-tizing, since De-evil-izing sounds about the same to me. =) But she's DONE!!!!!!!!!!
Last shot in the belly with anti-nausea med:
She rang the bell and received a sparkling cider and hug from the nurse. There's a cute video you'll have to see. =)
Morgan's post:
Jeff took her for sushi for lunch... notice the cool sashimi rose!!
You just HAVE to convert!!!!
For about 4 years now, we've been taking Zeus to pick up the elementary kids in the van after school. He sits in the front seat and puts his head out the window. Chloe gets the floor and the kids' laps. Lately, since his poor hips bother him, he has been avoiding the front seat, where it takes all his hip/leg muscles to balance as we turn corners, etc. So Chloe got a turn!!! She barely clears the window, but she was so happy. =)
That night, while Miranda still felt high and painless from her steroids, we went to The Scarlet Pimpernel at Hale Center. IT WAS SO GOOD. Parts of it reminded me of the "Be a Man" scenes from Mulan... oh so good.
Of course, I had to wear the shirt Jeff ordered me. This is the Mama Bear and her cub. Miranda is sitting next to me begging me not to put this picture here. Please tell her she does not look dorky; please tell her how pretty she looks and my bear cub can look however she wants on her last chemo day. Besides, some doozies are coming up. She looks aMAZing here compared to tomorrow.
Here. Let's just get started with this:
I CANNOT WAIT for this to get all the way out of her system. DeChemoTize already. And Carlie's foot.
And Carlie at it:
So Thursday night, Miranda went home to try going to classes Friday, but after we dropped her off she said, JK - This isn't happening, Friday morning we picked her up to come sleep. And she did. All day. I don't think Miranda remembers this day at all. Like a couple times she woke up asking what day it was; this one hit her hard.
Saturday, as I went shopping for party stuff, I found some memes in real life. This one is uncaptioned. But that license plate...
... And Miranda slept on. That night, I stayed home with this beauty, who slept here for more than an hour with her trusty companion:
Meanwhile, Jeff took these hipsters to the last home game. Burgers Supreme on the way.
They were on the 8th row, lucky ducks. It was so cold, though, they had their pick of seats. =)
And we partied it up here at home. Sure Miranda won't mind that they're using her ROC pass?
Under the flag with the good sports.
Today, Jeff took the kids to Sunday dinner at the Madsens and gave his dad & Alex the Jazz jerseys he bought them to match his & Mark's. They need to all go to a game together soon.
Halle's been drawing! Here's her character Andrew. Poor, rejected, tearing up Andrew.
She's getting good!
And memes!!!
So back when Al Gore ran for president, he lost by a really close margin, so he freaked out about the ballots that were stamped by machine, and claimed that with all the "hanging chads" they produced when punching the holes, that a lot of democrat votes were being counted as Republican. So he called for a recount, and it took forever... it was a weird election because it was weeks before we knew what the actual outcome was, and even then, we were wondering if he would find something else to stall. It was a circus. Most of the hanging chads were in FL.
This year, with the midterms, it is hilarious how transparently a certain party is coming up with "missing boxes" of ballots when it looks like it's close in some areas, and mysteriously, all the ballots they've found are for that same party...
And election debate and banter.
In Carlie's class this week, someone had some class info to Airdrop to everyone, so as soon as they all turned on AD, Carlie skirted this meme to everyone. As soon as you see Infinity War, the people will make sense, but still funny right now.
This was funnier a few weeks ago. But still.
And Miranda:
Our friend Brigham's real life in NYC. From now on, I'll just refer to his posts with his name without explanation. He sees the craziest things. And thinks to document them. Thank heavens.
SO CHEESY, but still pertinent. Time to start picking up the serving pace!!
Love, all of us crazies!!!
P.S.
Ok, so Friday, Kierste came home crying, and when I went in to talk to her, she was so embarrassed. She doesn't want anyone to know, but I know she will in the future, so here it is.
She's a parkour master... at least that's how we refer to her in secret. She planned it for a while. I'm mortified at what could have happened; I'm stunned that it did happen; I'm speechless at her daring; I don't know how to process it really.
Kierste waited until her carpool ride had emptied, then sneaked around the back of the vehicle, climbed on and as they drove away, rode down the street on the back of the car, planning on jumping off at the mailboxes so no one would know...
!!!!!!!!!!!
When Miranda heard, she begged me to find it on the security cameras. I'm SO GLAD she thought of that.
Of course, she fell off before she planned to, and got some huge road rashes, but THANK HEAVENS she didn't fall in the path of another car?? Thank Heavens they decided they were going home instead of turning out onto a busier street??? Taking a harder turn and throwing her harder??? How many things can you see could have gone wrong?
Definitely the weirdest thing my children have tried to date.
Holy cow.
The road rash and the stunned talking I did asking her what her plan was, explaining all the things I could think of that could have gone wrong, telling her that was never happening again; those were her punishments. I think she punished herself enough with all the blood.
Holy cow.
No comments:
Post a Comment