Sunday, November 11, 2018

Dear Swan-er Phair

So Miranda came home from her mission a couple weeks early to have some surgery, but I have this great excuse to still write our family history down, since her novio is still on his mission in Paris, France for the next year.  So until May 9, 2019, I'll still write a missionary letter for our blog posts.  =)



This week started off with a bang.  Here's what happens when you take exactly 4 weeks off to the day, to have a hard surgery.  This is after I took out all the ads, flyers, etc.  This is only the mail I have to open and process.  Guess if a lot of it is medical bills.  I put our phone next to the pile to accentuate how tall it was.  Then (actual) today, I found a cute stack in my other office that I didn't know about.  So this is not even complete!  But it's processed & taken care of.  Phew!

IMG_0878.JPG

Now, I don't know if you noticed the baby pic next to the pile, but that little thing has been floating around the house, and I just want to give it its proper attention.  Here's our darling Carlie getting a shower with Daddy.  She will love that this is here!!!!

IMG_0875.JPG

Jeff also sold his Spyder and bought a Harley this day.  Yes, you heard me right.  Here's the proof.

56325319807__10FE2FC9-8166-4720-9A04-7BA39338E00D.JPG

That night, Halle decorated her room for Kierste in purple signs with purple duct tape, cleaned up, set up Kierste's bed with gifts of her last Halloween candy, etc. because Kierste was going in the next day to have her adenoids taken out.  Do you see a pattern here?  Surely in all our medical bills, our deductible and out of pocket are met, so we're trying to get all the things done that we've been needing to do.  

IMG_0879.JPG

On Tuesday, Miranda & I went grocery shopping and bike tire pumping without taking a picture!!  Jeff gathered up our paper ballots, tracked Miranda, Carlie & me down, told us what to vote, JK!!! and took them to the polls for us to avoid the lines.  We wore our Voting stickers proudly, but the following is the only pic that came of it... 
Miranda made Guatemalan tostadas for a Spanish assignment.  =)

IMG_0943.JPG

Wednesday, this little trooper went in for her surgery.  She was such a good sport about the IV, but did NOT appreciate the amount of blood she could see around the outside of it, which she told us about many times the rest of the day.  =)

IMG_9807.JPG

She came home and binged Netflix and took pain killers.  Chloe was her constant companion.  =)

IMG_0893.JPG

Thursday, I was walking through the LR, and saw that all 3 pets were taking a nap by each other.  I just had to get a picture, even though the sun spots they were trying to sleep in were camouflaging them.

IMG_0901.JPG

They let Lone Peak out early that day because the football team made it to the State semi-finals.  Morgan bought a ticket for the Spirit Bus, and went up to Salt Lake to watch them play.

IMG_E0911.JPG

While he was gone, the girls found a new Miraculous Ladybug episode they had to see off YouTube, because it hasn't even been English dubbed yet.


IMG_0905.JPG

That night, in between laundry loads, I found all my kids talking and laughing together about stuff on their devices.  Eating it up.

IMG_0910.JPG

Friday, you hit your 6 MONTHS LEFT mark.  In case you didn't realize.  ;)

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

To celebrate, Miranda got together with Emily for Cheese Day again.  They made sculptures, watched something cheesy... I am so punny.

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.JPEG

IMG_0952.jpg

Saturday,

IMG_E0965.JPG

IMG_E0966.JPG

In other art news, my cousin Jeff drew this beautiful nutcracker in the theme of El Dia de los Muertos.  What a great idea!

IMG_0978.jpg

That night, I took the twins to the Fun Center again.  I'm so glad they have those passes... they love this place!

IMG_0976.JPG

Sunday we woke up to this!!

OMXZ7178.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

So today, Derek came home from church and contemplatively named an oragami swan "Obi-Swan-Kenobe" which started a multi-hour laugh fest where the older kids renamed everything you've ever thought of, now with the word swan in it.  Pretty soon, there was no character, actor, or movie that wasn't renamed, and the 12 Days of Christmas was all rebranded; thank heavens.  Now we don't have to remember if it's swans or not.  

Swan Cena/ Swan Solo/ Swan-ald Trump/ Dwayne the Swan Swanson.... you could even play the game yourself, all the way over in Paris!  You would not believe how hilarious it was here... pretty sure each of them took a turn not being able to breathe.  I love my memories of those moments... My brother Allen & I had one where we laughed for hours about jumping beans.  My cousin Jeff & I had one right after we ate my Grandma's famous tacos, and I still don't know what it was about, but my sides and face hurt so bad.

We had Miranda's friend Stephanie & her family over for dinner.  It's such a miracle to find someone going through treatment for this same cancer at the same time.  Especially someone older who can empathize and understand.  

IMG_0989.JPG

They were so awesome.  Instant family. 

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_E0995.JPG

And MEME time!!!  See how short the letter is with no soccer, no recitals, no performances?  And it's COOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD outside.

IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_E0999.JPG

Because Carlie is doing applications:

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_8855.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

IMG_E8895.JPG

IMG_E8917.JPG

IMG_8919.JPG

IMG_E8926.JPG

IMG_E8987.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_E9054.JPG

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_9131.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

Love, us!!!


Oh my gosh I tracked these down from leaders, and forgot to send them!!  Here are the boys at Aspen Grove for Youth Conference Oct. 25-26.  Dang it.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0972.jpg

Ok, the end for real.

No comments: